Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pastor Michael Goodling Blogs About Coudersport Gospel Tabernacle

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Gospel Tabernacle, Coudersport, PA


On Wednesday, July 8, 2009, our itineration journey took us back to Coudersport, PA. Little did we know, it would be the most unusual service to date.

We had been there the night before Thanksgiving in November 2008, but were asked to return for another service. I agreed on the condition that I could have technology available for visuals such as PowerPoint, DVD, etc.

It's hard to explain, but there was just a different feel this time. It felt like electric as I spoke from the pulpit. I concluded my message with a DVD showing various photos of my wife and I with children in A
frica from our previous visits.

It was then that something unusual began to stir. Before the pastor could ever mention an offering, a woman walked to the front and laid a check on the edge of the platform. This started a flood of people following suit. Someone ran to get a plastic bucket and scoop up the checks.

Following this was a po
werful time of prayer. A young girl about 8 years old ran up to me and just hugged me tight. She was crying and obviously moved by the things she saw.

Thank you Pastor Minor and congregation for joining our team with monthly support and thank you for allowing the Holy Spirit to move upon your hearts in such a great way!

What a night!

No comments:


James Jones--Publisher
This blog is provided as a public service to the Coudersport Gospel Tabernacle Church and it's worshipers. The material published here is selected by the publisher and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the church.